Saturday, March 28, 2009

IVF News

We found out that the second IVF attempt did not work. I actually found out on my birthday so it was probably the worst birthday that I have every had. I needed a couple of weeks to get over it and tell myself that we will just have to try again. It can be so heartbreaking especially when you want to have a family so badly, but I also know that I need to remain positive and hopeful. We have a doctor’s appointment on April 15th to find out possible next steps and look at some other options. Right now the biggest concern is that I have anti ovarian antibodies that are attacking my ovaries rather then protecting them. They really haven't told me why this has happened, but it could be do to several reasons. This is probably the biggest obstacle to over come because it is causing me to have premature ovarian failure and that is why I am responding so poorly to the IVF treatments. I will post news and hopefully it is news that sends us into the right direction.

In all I want to thank two people the most that have been there through it all for me. My husband has been great and very positive. He has been really helpful and patient with me the last couple of weeks. My sister Mandy has also been a person that I have looked for strength form and I always feel better when I talk with her. She like Tim is very positive and even does some research that is very interesting. I count on both of them so much and I am happy they are there for me.
Brandi

2 comments:

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

I love you too! One way or another, I promise you will become a mommy. Just keep having faith.

Proud Parents said...

Hang in there B. God will bless you with a child, sometimes the plan is just more complicated for some of us.